At St. James we’re an authentic New Testament church. We’re focused on:
- Our attitude...Chill out and don't take yourself too seriously...rest.
- Our role with one another…Identify what the Holy Spirit is doing and encourage it.
- The New Testament solution to sin…Faith in Christ and the resulting internal transformation. "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)
- Our response to another person's sin…"Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:35 (NLT). We understand the human condition as it relates to sin and respond from a position of redemption.
- Redemption through encouragement and not judgment…"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17 (NLT)
- Demonstrating our love for one another by living for the good of one another. Every one of us has good days and bad days where we make smart decisions and foolish ones. As Christ's followers, we are called to love and encourage one another; to help others especially through their darkest days.
Ted Haggard, Senior Pastor
Why People Don't Go To Church